Omafuru Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organization committed to the advancement of academic excellence and promotion of hard work among students, is organizing its maiden Essay Writing Competition to commemorate the World Environment Day 2016.
The Benefits of Energy Conservation to the Environment
First Prize: N15, 000
Second Prize: N10, 000
Third Prize: N5, 000
10 Consolation prizes of N1, 000 each
Plus: Trophies for schools of top three contestants
- The competition is open to Junior Secondary School II (JSS2) Students within the DSC/Orhuwhorun community in Udu Local Government Area of Delta State.
- Essays should not exceed 1,000 words.
- Each essay will be assessed on the extent to which it addresses the topic, demonstrates excellent writing quality, presents and analyzes original and/or innovative ideas.
- Only one application per participant will be permitted. Multiple applications will lead to immediate disqualification.
- All entries must be the students’ original work. While we recognize that existing sources will be used for inspiration and research, Omafuru Foundation reserves the right to disqualify an entry if plagiarism is suspected.
- There are no fees associated with submitting an essay or being considered for selection.
- Two (2) documents per applicant should be submitted:
- A Cover Page (With ONLY the applicant’s name, contact number and name of school)
- The Essay (NO personal details of the applicant should be written on this)
- Submissions can be made either in electronic or handwritten form.
- Handwritten submissions
- Must be written on foolscap sheets.
- Submit at Omafuru Foundation branch office at e-clicks Cyber Café in DSC Shopping Mall.
Electronic submissions must adhere strictly to these specifications:
- Font type: Times New Romans; Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5; Justified formats only
Name your two documents in the following manner:
- Essay: ESSAY-FIRSTNAME-LASTNAME
- Cover page: COVER-FIRSTNAME-LASTNAME
- For example, Esemena Okoro submitting her entry would name her files:ESSAY-ESEMENA-OKORO, COVER-ESEMENA-OKORO
Send to: email@example.com
Subject of email: Essay Competition – Name of Student
Selection of the winners will be done by a panel appointed by Omafuru Foundation. In all matters related to the essay competition, the decision of the panel and Omafuru Foundation shall be final and conclusive. Omafuru Foundation promises to run this contest fairly, ethically and with integrity. All submissions are due no later than 5:00pm for handwritten entries and 11:59pm for electronic submissions on Wednesday May 11, 2016. Winners will be contacted and published on the official website of Omafuru Foundation on or before The World Environment Day on June 5th 2016.
By submitting an entry for this essay competition, the contestant agrees to the conditions stated above and permits Omafuru Foundation to publish his/her essay on its official website or any other medium where necessary. For further Inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For: Omafuru Foundation